Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Good friends make for a Good time

The weekend before last I had an apartment full! My best friend came to see me from Wild and Wonderful, West Virginia to spend the weekend! We had a great time exploring RVA a bit and then heading to Virginia Beach for a day of sunshine. It was nice to see them, but I was exhausted after they left! Lots of naps! Below are some photos of my time with Amanda and her family!
At the Richmond Squirrels baseball game with Nic & his friend Evan
The Virginia Holocaust Museum
Great for our little History Buff!

Jake and I at World of Mirth, being silly!
Getting Milkshakes at The Galaxy Diner
Virginia Beach

Words cannot describe our love for this boy!

One on One time with my beautiful BFF!
The following weekend, I spent some time with new friends, did a little (or a lot) of shopping, and got some much needed R&R!
Ladies Night!  


5 Tips for Meeting Friends in a New City
1. Do not be afraid to talk to people. The worst that could happen is that they could be rude and ignore you, but you can also make great friendships with new people just by putting yourself out there!
2. Do not sit in your apartment/house every night! You cannot make friends by sitting at home, feeling sorry for yourself with a bowl of ice cream on the couch... trust me, I know from experience!
3. Go to a restaurant for dinner and sit at the bar. Believe it or not, you may strike up interesting conversations with people you never imagined speaking with. I actually met a few of the ladies in the picture above at a bar and we have become good friends!
4. Tell people that you are new to the area. Not only will they be more understanding of you sitting at the bar alone, but they will also likely want to help you have a good experience. Most likely they will give you recommendations for restaurants, attractions, and directions too! This is SO helpful, especially when there are so many options!
5.  Keep an open mind! Being closed minded will not get you very far! I am amazed at how different things are even if I am only 1 state away!

No comments:

Post a Comment