Sunday, August 3, 2014

RVA

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 I started my journey to Richmond, VA for my very first "big girl" job and my first job as a traveling therapist! (No pressure!) I packed my car with the necessities and this Mountain Mama made her way to RVA!

Upon entering the city skyline I thought, "Oh my gosh, what have I gotten myself into!?" There is SO much to do and see around here that I am not sure 13 weeks is long enough! After a few short days it is obvious to me that I am going to really like travel. Everything is new to me... and there is just something about that newness that elicits a lot of excitement.

I am very thankful to have met a friend who has taken me around town a bit since I have been here. Below are some photos along the way.
Driving towards RVA city skyline!
The skyline from Legends, a restaurant on the James River!
This was absolutely breathtaking!


At Conch Republic where I tried gator for the first time!
How stinkin beautiful is this?!

Out on the town with New Friends!

"Shark attack" bucket at Baja!


Had a busy weekend after move-in and Monday snuck up on me! The facility I will be working at is much larger than those I am used to, so it has taken some time to get my bearings. They definitely expect you to hit the ground running as a traveler, can't hold back! If you know me at all, you know that I hate to-do lists... they give me anxiety! So my to-do list at work right now is a bit stressful. I hope to get all caught up with my notes and paperwork tomorrow.

First Day of Work!

Representing good ol West Virginia!

Now for the difficult part of travel this far... it can be pretty lonely! Even though I know a few people in the area, there is nothing like a quiet night in with your best friend and a bottle of wine. Missing the little things that close friends and family can bring but enjoying the new-ness as well! Excited for what this week will bring! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. You look sooooo fun! Start that FL license. This is just the start to all the fun. You're off to an amazing start my friend. Thanks for letting me be your recruiter. :)

    ReplyDelete